I have a bit of time, if not energy, to reflect on the adventure I had. Certainly, I was lucky in the weather (thought it actually did rain every day, a bit), and in the people I met. Furthermore, it seemed that every time I crossed paths with Joyce, things were even better than I'd hoped and imagined.
Moreover, there were some surprises. This laundry sign in Sandycove, for example, was great fun, though it did make me miss the puppy a bit.
Finally, I have to close with my last Ulysses experience, one that came at about ten last night, after a walk in the rain, a bus trip, two flights (with several delays), two subway rides, and a couple of trains. I was exhausted and had been on my feet for even longer, I think, than Bloom had been on June 16th in 1904. Like Bloom himself, I came to the end of my journey and found what every wanderer seeks: home.

No comments:
Post a Comment