So, the history of this begins, I suppose, when I read Ulysses for the first time in the spring of 1981, at the end of my freshman year in college. The end of the "Circe" chapter simply knocked me over, and the very end of the novel has stayed in my head for years. Molly sits in bed at 7 Eccles Street (which no longer exists) and remembers when she and Bloom were on Howth Head. Here is the spot, and, if I'm lucky and persistent, I'll publish a photo of myself standing here (or hereabouts) on Tuesday.
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Why I'm Doing This
So, the history of this begins, I suppose, when I read Ulysses for the first time in the spring of 1981, at the end of my freshman year in college. The end of the "Circe" chapter simply knocked me over, and the very end of the novel has stayed in my head for years. Molly sits in bed at 7 Eccles Street (which no longer exists) and remembers when she and Bloom were on Howth Head. Here is the spot, and, if I'm lucky and persistent, I'll publish a photo of myself standing here (or hereabouts) on Tuesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment